Alimentum is a nutritionally complete, pre-digested and corn-free hypoallergenic formula. For colicky infants who have allergies to cow’s milk or soy protein, select cases of chronic diarrhea and severe food allergies, allergy to intact protein, maldigestion/malabsorption or for prevention of developing allergies in high-risk infants. Use as directed by your physician.
About the Product
- Hypoallergenic to minimize potential for allergic reaction (Hypoallergenic does not mean non-allergic)
- Reduce the risk of developing allergies in high-risk infants
- Reduce the symptoms of colic due to protein allergy
- Tummy friendly and easy to digest†
- Does not contain added lactose to help avoid lactose-associated diarrhea
- Palm olein oil-free
Alimentum is available in all good pharmacies. If you cannot find it, ask your pharmacist to order it for you.
†like all infant formulas
Formula preparation instructions
- Use as directed by your physician.
- Wash your hands before preparing the baby formula.
- Always wash the top of the baby formula can before opening it.
- Check the instructions carefully when you prepare infant formula.
- Refer to product label for complete preparation instructions.
Warning: NEVER use a microwave oven to prepare or warm baby formula. Serious burns can result.
Ready-to-Use. Do not add water.
Recommended Storage Guidelines for Abbott Nutrition Pediatric Products
The most desirable temperature range for storage of unopened containers is between 13°C and 24°C. Storage at these temperatures will assure the highest quality of your Similac product, both aesthetically and nutritionally. Prolonged exposure to temperatures below 0°C or to direct heat above 35°C could affect the physical consistency of the product. A change in the consistency of the product could temporarily affect an infant's sensitive system. Therefore, we do not recommend use of product exposed to adverse temperatures.
- Pediatric formula products should not be heated, refrigerated, and reheated. Do not freeze pediatric formulas. Freezing can render liquid products unusable, especially repeated freezing and thawing.
- Store pediatric powder products in a dry, cool area. Do not store the actual can of powder in the refrigerator.
- Reconstituted power formula must be refrigerated and used within 24 hours. Reconstituted Concentrate formula and Ready to Use formula must be refrigerated and used within 48 hours.
- Reconstituted pediatric formula should be poured into individual feeding bottles or cups, capped, and stored in the refrigerator. Prepared formula should not be left unrefrigerated. After feeding, throw away any formula remaining in the bottle within 1 hour from the time the baby's mouth comes into contact with the nipple. Please refer to the product label for the most current storage guidelines.
The expiration date of Abbott Nutrition nutritional products is the last day of the month listed on the product. Buy and use the formula by the date shown. The label claim of the vitamins and the excellent consistency of the products cannot be guaranteed beyond the "Use By" date because both may degrade with time; therefore, the product should not be used beyond the expiration date. In addition, there may be slight variations in flavour and consistency.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm baby formula. Serious burns can result.
- Abbott Nutrition pediatric nutritional products are not intended for parenteral use.