We realize that when it comes to your baby, it can be difficult to know what brand to trust.
In the 2014 BrandSpark nationwide Shopper Study, Similac was voted Canada’s #1 most trusted baby formula brand**.
Alimentum is a nutritionally complete* formula with proteins that have been extensively hydrolyzed. This formula is specially designed for infants with cow’s milk protein allergy, colic symptoms due to protein sensitivity and severe food allergies. Use as directed by your health care professional.
About the Product
- Easy to digest*
- No palm olein oil
Alimentum is available in major pharmacies and retailers or can be ordered by your pharmacist.
*Similar to other infant formulas.
** Voted most trusted brand in the Baby Formula Category, by Canadian shoppers based on the 2014 BrandSpark Canadian Shopper Study.
Formula preparation instructions
- Use as directed by your physician.
- Wash your hands before preparing the baby formula.
- Always wash the top of the baby formula can before opening it.
- Check the instructions carefully when you prepare infant formula.
- Refer to product label for complete preparation instructions.
Warning: NEVER use a microwave oven to prepare or warm baby formula. Serious burns can result.
Ready-to-Use. Do not add water.
Recommended Storage Guidelines for Abbott Nutrition Pediatric Products
RECOMMENDED STORAGE TEMPERATURES FOR SEALED CONTAINERS
Ready to use
- Most desirable†: between 13°C and 24°C.
- Acceptable: between 0°C and 35°C.
- Do not freeze – freezing can render liquid products unusable.
Prolonged exposure to temperatures below 0°C or direct heat above 35°C could affect the physical consistency of the product and consequently could also affect its appearance, flavour, and other sensory attributes. Product is sterile and should remain of sound nutritional quality.
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING AND STORING FORMULA
Ready to use
- After opening, cover, refrigerate and use within 48 hours.
If ready to use formula is left at room temperature, it should be used within 2 hours.1,2
- Dispose of any product remaining in the bottle within 1 hour from beginning of feed (first time baby's mouth comes into contact with nipple).
- To assure the highest quality, use the formula by the date shown on the product.
- The vitamin content and the physical stability of the product cannot be guaranteed beyond the "Use By" date because both may degrade with time.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm formula; serious burns can result.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency website (www.inspection.gc.ca): Safe Food Storage (P0234E-01). September 2001.
- Health Canada website (www.hc-sc.gc.ca). December 2007. American Dietetic Association: Infant Feedings: Guidelines for Preparation of Formula and Breast milk in Health Care Facilities. Chicago: American Dietetic Association, 2004. Campbell SM: Preventing Microbial Contamination of Enteral Formulas and Delivery Systems. Columbus, Ohio: Ross Products Division, Abbott Laboratories, 2003. Lemons PK: Breast milk and the hospitalized infant: Guideline for practice. Neonatal Network 2001;20(7):47-52.
† For highest quality product.