We realize that when it comes to your baby, it can be difficult to know what brand to trust.
Alimentum® is a specialized hypoallergenic* formula with proteins that have been extensively hydrolyzed. This formula is specially designed for infants with various feeding issues including:
Use as directed by your health care professional.
About the Product
- Extensively hydrolyzed protein
- No palm olein oil
- Easy to digest†
Alimentum® is available in major pharmacies and retailers or can be ordered by your pharmacist.
Formula Type: Alimentum®
**Voted most trusted Baby Formula brand by Canadian shoppers based on the 2014 and 2015 BrandSpark Canadian Shopper Studies.
* Hypoallergenic does not mean non-allergenic.
†Similar to other infant formulas.
Formula preparation instructions
- Use as directed by your physician.
- Wash your hands before preparing the baby formula.
- Always wash the top of the baby formula can before opening it.
- Check the instructions carefully when you prepare infant formula.
- Refer to product label for complete preparation instructions.
Warning: NEVER use a microwave oven to prepare or warm baby formula. Serious burns can result.
Ready-to-Use. Do not add water.
Recommended Storage Guidelines for Abbott Nutrition Pediatric Products
RECOMMENDED STORAGE TEMPERATURES FOR SEALED CONTAINERS
Ready to use
- Most desirable†: between 13°C and 24°C.
- Acceptable: between 0°C and 35°C.
- Do not freeze
Prolonged exposure to temperatures below 0°C or direct heat above 35°C could affect the physical consistency of the product and consequently could also affect its appearance, flavour, and other sensory attributes. Product is sterile and should remain of sound nutritional quality.
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING AND STORING FORMULA
Ready to use
- After opening, cover, refrigerate and use within 48 hours.
If ready to use formula is left at room temperature, it should be used within 2 hours.1
- Dispose of any product remaining in the bottle within 1 hour from beginning of feed (first time baby's mouth comes into contact with nipple).
- To assure the highest quality, use the formula by the date shown on the product.
- The vitamin content and the physical stability of the product cannot be guaranteed beyond the expiration date because both may degrade with time.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm formula; serious burns can result.
- Health Canada Preparing and Handling Powdered Infant Formula. Government of Canada. Date modified: 2011-04-12. Available at: http://healthycanadians.gc.ca. Accessed on 08.10.2015.
† For highest quality product.
237-mL cans, 4/box